Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Iphone

I am not going to talk about my project this week as it is going very well and we are almost finished. Instead, I want to talk about my new toy. I just got an Iphone for my birthday. Since I have been fighting with a very old laptop for the past couple of years, and had such a frustrating time while on a conference, my husband bought me the phone. If you remember a previous blog about not being able to get online while at a conference, you can understand what I mean. This was not a one time event, but has become a common occurrence. The new Iphone is fantastic! I can access my email anytime, talk on the phone, text message show up on my screen without my even unlocking the keypad, and I can check out any website necessary. I haven't even checked out any of the applications that they have yet. It is a little tricky trying to open up items with just a touch but I am learning quickly. Now I will have to find out which applications I think I will use and the ones that would just be a waste of time. I also have to take the time to load up songs for the Ipod portion of the phone. Not really my favorite thing to do but always worth it after it is done. The pictures that can be sent via email are great too. I have had friends send me pictures before and they always are good quality. I can save them onto my computer easily too because it is in email form. It doesn’t cost me extra like it did if I emailed a picture from my old phone. I have unlimited time online with my plan. That means I no longer have to bring my old laptop on trips, but can access and read material right off my phone. Sorry to keep going on but it is such a wonderful concept to me.

2 comments:

  1. I know people who absolutely love their iphones. I am hesitant about jumping on board with the idea because I am so worried that I will be glued to the phone. There are so many apps that I might not ever put it down.
    Glad you are having fun with your new toy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. im jealous! my co worker has an iphone and i see how convient it really is. she is connected at all times! to everything! even when she doesn't have her computer she still has access to important applications she may need. and if you have a mac computer then your even in better luck! her calendar, contacts, music ect. can be synced!and she has all her important stuff on both at any time!!
    kristina's also right! it's a toy too and you can get hooked! BEWARE!!

    ReplyDelete